CLOSE TO ME

My friends,
It feels good to have my own blog.....there are things which are close to my heart and things which have affected me one way or the other.....my thoughts,my desires,my aspirations,my fears my gods and my demons---you will find all of them here....I invite you to go through them and get a glimpse of my innermost feelings....................

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Masks


All of us are wearing masks.
The handshakes are a mere formality.
The laughter does not reach the eyes.
The happiness does not stem from the heart.
We change our masks
as we change our clothes.
We are not full of joy
when we meet people.
We are only happy when they leave.
We ask them to come again
and be our guests.
And, when they come again
we want them to leave
and never come back again.
Yes, we have become hypocrites.
How I wish to have those days back
when the handshake was full of warmth,
when genuine laughter shone from genuine malice-free eyes,
and, when happiness was actually felt by a carefree heart.
Hold my hand, my dear
and take me to that time and place
where everything is real and felt truly by the heart.(10.05.2007)

3 comments:

  1. neenu
    its nice to read yr poem
    u r the poetess n my friend from whom i know the love n fragrance of love without knowing the face n body ..tht way i m very near to god know bcoz he has also no face but i love him ..n i love u ...n bless u tht ur wish for getting real love can fullfill ...thanx for dedicatingb this poem to me ....u make my days happy n full of love ..thanx

    ReplyDelete